A leading Food and Beverage Client based in Bryanston is seeking an experienced Payroll Manager to oversee, maintain & ensure accurate payroll processes for the leading FMCG’s Africa branches (approximately 220 RSC & 1,500 Equity employees).
- Manage monthly payroll preparation & timely payment of employees & third parties
- Prepare relevant payroll reports and meaningful analysis of payroll data
- Reconcile payroll to HR Database and Finance General ledger
To ensure compliance with tax obligations & other relevant payroll related legislative requirements (i.e. provident fund, medical aid, leave policies, bargaining councils etc.).
Ensure efficient payroll systems & procedures and maintain integrity & confidentiality of payroll information.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Salaries & Wages
- Oversee the Payroll Officer by ensuring that all employees are paid accurately and timeously
- Ensure that all 3rd parties are paid accurately and timeously
- Analyse, reconcile and close payroll system on monthly basis
- Ensure that payroll and processes comply with company and audit requirements
- Analyse labour hour data to ensure that accurate hours are paid monthly
- Analyse leave data to ensure accuracy & integrity thereof
- Create and communicate payroll cut-off calendar
- Manage the specific payroll requirements for expatriates, incentives (Gautrain, Per Diem, once-off allowances, share appreciation rights exercises) and company benefits such as fuel, fleet & insurance administration.
- Implement all annual increases, changes in allowances and bonus information in the payroll system
Reports, Reconciliations and Payroll Information
- Ensure and maintain effective payroll system & meaningful reporting in line with the organization’s objectives.
- Ensure GL is set up in accordance to the requirements of the Finance Department & periodic reconciliation therefore
- Provide Finance with calculations for accruals according to the company’s financial period ends
- Produce payroll and HR reports when required
- Analyse & interpret payroll information from systems & effective communication to relevant stakeholders
Tax & Legislative requirements
- Provide and submit legislative and statutory information on time and accurately
- Ensure reconciliation of EMP201, EMP501 & IRP5’s bi-annually and ensure that all files are submitted
- Ensure that all tax changes are implemented correctly as and when SARS amends
- Maintains technical & functional knowledge
- Support Finance Team with ad-hoc statutory requirements
HR Database and VIP Payroll Systems
- Maintain the integrity of the HR Database and VIP systems and ensure that all parameters are in accordance with relevant legislation
- Maintenance of VIP systems and parameters as well as ensuring that all new versions are uploaded
- Maintain and update systems design and parameters in accordance with company growth and development
- Audit integration between database, payroll and time and attendance systems
- Oversee, coach and supervise Payroll Controller & Payroll Officer
- Delegate & review payroll related duties
- Ensure confidentiality & integrity of payroll information across the payroll team
Qualifications and Skills
- Relevant qualification & certification on Payroll (reputable tertiary institution)
- Excellent analytical skills and experience in writing reports and do system changes.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Attention to detail / Organised
- Strong work ethic & integrity
- Calm under pressure, deadline driven
- Computer literate / affinity with payroll & financial systems
- Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation & statutory requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills with all staff levels is essential
- Minimum of 5 year’s payroll experience in a medium to large size organization
Microsoft Office Suite, VIP system and HR Focus. Balancing of IRP5’s and SARS submissions via e-filing. Deadline driven & good organizing skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and experience in writing reports and do system changes. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)