A leading direct selling company specialising in the selling of glassware, cookware, tableware and plastic storage is looking for an experienced Chartered Accountant in the capacity of Financial Manager at their offices in the South of Johannesburg. The role will report to the CFO and will be required to oversee the entire Finance Function for the subsidiary company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Financial Management Duties:
- All the Head office’s Reporting (Review of the Weekly Cashflows, Forex, VENA, etc)
- Assisting the FM where necessary in the preparation of the monthly set of Management
- Head Office ad hoc reports and queries
- Preparation and submission of Monthly Group Financial Reporting
- Review of month end procedures (Syspro)
- Full Insurance Portfolio (annual reviews and claims)
- Maintain updated Company Processes and Procedures
- To ensure all required Annual Licensing is reconciled and paid
- Ensure all statutory compliance i.e. WCA submission and payment, PAYE Annual
- Reconciliation and submission, Vat Annual Reconciliation, Employment Equity submission etc.
- Assist CFO in forecasting to reach Working Capital targets.
- Signing off of all product costing worksheets and forecasting.
- Authorising and review of all Bad Debt write-offs and provisions and ensuring effective legal
- hand overs of outstanding debts i.e. Romal to report on this to this candidate.
- Internal Audit Liason
- Review of Recons
- Legal Compliance - Accounting policies, SARS, SHEQ, Applicable laws and regulations related
- to the business; both SA and international, Company Business processes, etc
- Budgeting as per below
Head Office Responsibilities:
- Financial Reporting - The ability to close out the financial reporting process, including revaluation of foreign currency items, preparation of tax and deferred tax calc, management of the audit process, and completion of a financial reporting pack and annual financial statements.
- Management of the tax process at the subsidiary
- Managing the compliance aspects of the international expansion
- Initiating budgeting/forecasting process and submitting to the CFO for approval
- Retail Industry Financial Management experience