This role offers an exciting, challenging and global working environment for individuals who want to be part of a leading, well known private education institution and a dynamic team.
This role involves working within the Financial Analysis and Financial Accounting departments. Within the FP&A department candidate will be responsible for working with the Finance Controller to gather, interpret, collate, and model data for various organizational performance indicator analysis projects for the institution.
Within the Financial Accounting department candidate will be responsible for specific month end tasks, preparation of reconciliations, journal entries, budget management, compile monthly reports and analysis of various accounting transactions for both divisions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Planning and Analysis department:
- Research and compile relevant (financial and non-financial) information to be captured;
- Liaise and work closely with stakeholders (Finance/non-finance) for information gathering and analysis purposes;
- Interpret data for the purpose of determining trends in Revenue, costing and operational efficiency performance and production of reports and PPT presentation deck of analysis.
- Develop and maintain financial models and use information gathered to perform profitability analysis.
- Validate the accuracy financial data and critically analyse non-financial data;
- Analysis of financial data within the Finance Department as and when required;
- Assist/Support the Financial Controller with any other finance adhoc tasks as and when that may be required;
- Capex management and Budget availability checks.
Financial Accounting department:
- Prepare reconciliations for various company accounts;
- Ensure accuracy of transactions processed and monthly reports;
- Assisting the Financial Controller with the review of various account inputs and processing;
- Capture journals and intercompany transactions;
- Ensure all entries and records are in accordance with IFRS and US GAAP;
- Assist Financial Manager with adhoc tasks as and when needed;
- Full Budget management function across various departments;
- Liaising with Internal and External Auditors;
- Liaising with stakeholders within various departments;
Key selection criteria:
- CA (SA) Qualification as a minimum;
- 1-3 years post article experience;
- Articles completed at Big Four;
- Demonstrated track record of attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent academic track record
- Working knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft office templates;
- Good communication skills and team work spirit;
- Quick to learn and willingness to get the details to gather information;
- Highly motivated and open to new ideas and desire to lead implementation;
- High degree of integrity and professionalism;
- Ensure confidentiality and adherence to protection of personal information.