Relationship Sales Operations Consultant position is for a short term contract and is a great opportunity for a newly qualified CA to gain exposure to an internal operational sales role. Managing relationships, overseeing sales operations, sales revenue reporting and other responsibilities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Relationship Sales Operations Consultant enables the Relationship Sales function to achieve its outcomes by overseeing day-to-day operations and focusing on the commercial interests of the business.
- Coordinating and supporting presales solutioning
- Maintaining and updating of all internal sales systems (Sharepoint, MS Dynamics, Trello internal system MyWorkLife), sales processes, and sales documentation
- Initiation and drafting of Client contractual documentation (including MSA, NDA, proposals and contracts)
- Initiate costings
- Commercial and Contractual Risk - Identifying, tracking, mitigating, managing through others, escalating and reporting weekly and / or as often as possible
- Sales Revenue Reporting - Gathering and compiling the sales data, analysing and reporting this weekly. Engaging with client account managers, influencing, challenging in order to maximise utilisation and profitability.
- Client Procurement Relationships - Supporting Sales Teams with key Procurement relationships to ensure familiarity with each client’s approvals process and ability to navigate approvals through the process quickly
- Performing Relationship Support tasks as and when they arise, including coaching / training, billing and invoicing follow ups, rates negotiation preparation, costing models, etc.
- Setting priorities, managing a variety of job responsibilities with effective organisational skills, and working within deadlines
This Portfolio will entail end to end management of the Relationship Sales Commercial Process across key BSG accounts. The Relationship Sales Consultant is required to utilize his/her knowledge of overall l business and commerce to manage and guide presales activities, client solutioning, contracting through to post sale activities:
- Support and advise on presales solutioning;
- Support with pricing of consulting services;
- Oversee all documentation relative to client contracting;
- Initiate and draft commercial contracts in line with Company standards;
- Communicates with parties in a contract so that all understand the terms, particularly a contract's financial aspects;
- Identify, mitigate, manage and report potential and existing commercial risks;
- Understand, manage, analyse, influence and report contracted sales revenue;
- Communicate, negotiate and influence internal / and or external stakeholders;
- Coaches employees on best practices for managing contract issues and handling daily issues and tasks;
- Maintain overall responsibility for systems, processes, procedures, material and administration relevant to the relationship sales support function and continuously work to improve these.
- Eighty percent of work is done through self, and 20% involves driving outcomes/ actions through others.
- General business knowledge and understanding
- Client relationship management knowledge
- Commercial management knowledge and understanding
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint - good skills)
- Commercial risk management and revenue reporting
- Set priorities, manage a diversity of job responsibilities with effective organizational skills, and work within deadlines
Skills & Abilities:
- Good client liaison and relationship management skills, i.e. excellent communication and interpersonal skills, articulate, good telephone and face-to-face etiquette.
- Ability to influence others.
- Excellent time management & priority setting skills.
- Ability to draft initial commercial documents based on detail provided by Delivery and/or DO.
- Ability to compile business related communication, i.e. presentations, reports, documentation and detailed email communication.
- Ability to respond to ad hoc requests to support Relationship Sales team and DO’s.
- Ability to identify, mitigate and manage risks in the sales process.
- Proactive in terms of identifying and escalating / mitigating commercial risks
Key Performance Areas:
- Commercial Engagement Frameworks;
- Commercial Risk Management;
- Internal and External Relationship Building;
- Ad Hoc Relationship Sales Internal Initiatives and Support Tasks
- Openness (relationships, information)
- Collaboration (in teams, with clients)
- Practical Focus (plans, solutions, technical problem solving)
- Delivery Focus (value, excellence)
- Able to work well under pressure
- Trustworthy (open & honest)