The role requires an ambitious, self-driven, deal-maker who will project the company’s ethos and take the asset management and technology offering to the top-end wealth management and institutional/employee benefits market. The preferred candidate will require knowledge of the IFA market, ideally with established networks, be able to think strategically and with strong organisational abilities. There is a requirement to work comfortably independently as well as within the team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a strategic vision & execute a distribution strategy
- Have an intimate understanding of the benefits of the company’s offering and pitch it at a senior level
- Have a clear understanding of the challenges & opportunities in the distribution landscape
- Keen ability to understand opportunities and costs to drive profit
- Identify prospects, develop leads, sell the benefits of the business proposition and establish long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with clients.
- Develop the technical skills and know-how to be effective at positioning the proposition.
- Help enable and support team members
- Contribute to our dynamic team culture
- Cultural and personality fit will be critical.
- Our client is a dynamic business that retains a strong entrepreneurial spirit and has a driven, but largely informal culture. The successful candidate will have:
- Proven business development track record when pitching to sophisticated prospects.
- A keen awareness for business opportunities and skilled at building and maintaining relationships
- Demonstrate initiative and a can-do approach to life
- Difficulty with the spelling of the word "complacent"
- A reputation for integrity and the ability to build trust and openness in those they deal with
- The ability to work in a fluid, entrepreneurial team whilst still being able to self-manage in a structured way.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be comfortable working with technology In order to perform the role, the successful applicant will have to become an expert on the compamy’s investment proposition and work closely with our asset management team, technology and client services team portfolio
- The inherent attitude and capabilities of the candidate are extremely important. Having a strong working knowledge of (and contacts within) the wealth management industry is important to success. Experience in the institutional and EB space would be an advantage. Direct industry exposure aside, the candidate’s experience of life should reflect striving and healthy ambition, the ability to push oneself and have high self-expectations. There should be evidence of success (measured subjectively at a personal level) across the broader aspects of life, as well as a preparedness to risk failure in pursuit of worthy goals.
Preferably a post graduate degree - investment-related would be ideal