A Private Equity Investment fund focused on food and agribusiness in Sub-Sahara Africa is currently seeking a Group Financial Manager to join their team.
This opportunity is based in Tanzania and requires an individual with an entrepreneurial mind set, experience working in Africa and someone that has a great understanding of the Agricultural and Manufacturing space.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a true business partner to the CEO and divisional GM’s, assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and company’s long-term strategy.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
2. Executive Management
- Serve as a member of executive leadership team.
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution.
3. Financial Planning and Analysis
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast by division (vs. budget); Weekly 13-week cash flow forecast.
- Complete analysis of financial results; Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical)
4. Accounting Activities
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
5. Cash Management
- Oversee weekly cash management; Approve weekly payables; Execute check signing
- Oversee AR management and provide support to collections activities
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Oversee cash, investment, and asset management.
- 5 - 10 years post articles experience
- Manufacturing / Agricultural experience