An International Group is looking to appoint a Regional Finance Director to provide financial leadership and commercial support to the business and the operating and financial management teams in the region. The role will also drive financial reporting standards in the region towards best in class corporate standards.
This position reports directly to the Group Chief Financial Officer, based in Europe, and will have significant exposure to the local company Managing Directors as well as the Group Chief Executive Officer. The role will also involve close co-operation and relationships with other finance staff in the Europe.
The Group is seeking to appoint an individual with excellent financial and commercial skills, a sound grasp of technical, regulatory and compliance issues and the drive to significantly improve the control environment in the region. The role will be key in the growth strategy of the region. The appointee will work with a small but very experienced team who hold key relationships in the Group, as well as working on some aspects regarding structures relating to the controlling family interests.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The key responsibilities of the Regional Finance Director will be:
- Managing the overall financial affairs of Group operations in the region, including the regional Group office. Whilst operational finance directors/managers report to operational management there will be strong "dotted line" reporting to the Regional Finance Director.
- Strategic partnering the local Managing Directors in commercial aspects of the South Africa and Africa region.
- Supporting the local Managing Directors and Group CFO in causal analysis of trading results and effectively analysing variances.
- Preparation of high impact presentations for the Board and its various Committees and custody of standard review templates for performance reviews, budgeting and forecasting
- Responsibility for all regional secretarial and related company compliance with enacted legislation in place. This will include preparation of POPI policy and implementation thereof.
- Managing the regional risk assessments, risk management, and mitigation thereof, including insurance.
- Preparation of monthly trading reports for the region.
- Active involvement in the development of the Group’s reporting platforms and significant improvement in analytics, KPI reporting and platform data availability.
- Preparation of financial planning information which shows the long term financial trajectory of the region and support of the budgeting
- Preparation of monthly South African consolidation reports and filing of audited accounts
- Extensive interaction with Group auditors, as appropriate.
- Maintain a high level internal control environment
- Responsibility for, and oversight of, all compliance, ethics and business practise processes and reporting.
- Managing the banking relationships in the region
- Ensuring best practise in financial matters, including reporting and analysis
- Developing staff and supporting the finance team in the region
- Qualified chartered accountant with at least 10 years post qualification experience.
- Prior financial experience in an industrial or mining environment at a senior level, preferably in a group with a number of various operations.
- Excellent Microsoft Office and SAGE skills
- Experience of acquisition valuation and fair value reporting
- Experience to handle and manage complex consolidations
- Experience of both South African Company law and reporting under IFRS
- Ability to couple technical knowledge with a sound level of commercial acumen and common sense
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to command respect and also build relationships (both internally & externally)
- Ability to fit into a small team but to think and act on Group wide basis and see the big picture
- A self-starter with eagerness to learn and grow commercially as the Group develops
- "Can do" and proactive approach to work, inquisitive and a problem solver
- A good manager of people and an excellent communicator