To manage the Automotive Division Finance team, maintain accurate and complete accounting records for all Vehicle, stock reporting, improve on inefficiencies with procedures and reporting, and facilitate any new ventures taken on
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of team performance to ensure individual and team and departmental objectives are met
- Identify dependencies and inefficiencies and find solutions to improve overall team performance
- Consistently manage own priorities as well as set team priorities so as to achieve all deliverables. Monitoring, maintenance and management of all finance related activities
Monitoring and management of all activities performed by the Vehicles finance team.
- Follow up on progress of action items to ensure responsible persons complete the item prior to deadline.
- Preparation and/or review of the month end workings and journals.
- Preparation and/or review of reconciliations and follow up of reconciling items.
- Drive Special projects affecting the area with full accountability on delivery.
- Automation of manual controls.
- Control risk identification and proposal of corrective/preventative/detective controls.
- Pastel account reconciliations and follow up of reconciling items.
- Monitoring of Accounts payable and age analysis to ensure optimal and agreed payments terms are adhered
Preparation of finance reporting
- Preparation of KPI analysis (including related commentary).
- Preparation of monthly financials.
- Preparation of annual financial statements.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts and tracking actual performance against budget and forecast.
- Monthly reporting of profit/loss eliminating centre performance within the company to relevant profit centre
- Joint Venture management and reporting with related system implementation
- Ad hoc reporting as required.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant - between 3 and 10 years post articles
- Automotive or manufacturing Experience
- Financial Management experience