To analyse financial results and produce clear, focussed and eloquent financial reports and commentary on group and company financial performance, and to engage with the reporting team to improve the quality of reporting through improved processes and systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify dependencies and inefficiencies and find solutions to improve overall performance; and
- Consistently manage own priorities so as to achieve all deliverables.
Preparation of reports:
- Of consistently good quality
- On time
- Delivering relevant and meaningful commentary on performance.
Reporting areas could include:
- Group Financial reporting - Learn and apply learnings to use Cognos effectively to produce and report month-end results
- Company specific reporting - Use internal applications and liaise with SQL reporting team to develop and maintain accurate and meaningful reports to communicate performance and report on key financial metrics and funders covenants and Ad hoc requests
- Cash flow reporting to Treasury manager and Executive
- Forecasting and budgeting
- Business Segment reporting, including cost management against forecast per cost centre and other segments/clusters
- Other regulatory reporting (SARB, NCR, etc)
This role could include:
- delivery of technical accounting reports on new standards and interpretations and the impact on the business, or other technical accounting papers; and
- work on other finance related projects and initiatives that could extend beyond just the reporting function.