A Company that researches and develops skincare products is seeking a strong procurement manager. The company was started in 1954 to import skincare products into South Africa. It later began researching and developing its own skincare products and in 2000 two brothers acquired the company and led it from a local skincare company to a multinational organisation with a presence in 135 countries.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Procurement Manager is responsible for:
- Monitoring and managing the performance of primary packaging suppliers, including monthly reviews and the escalation and resolution of issues that lead to non-conformances
- In partnership with the procurement director, the operations director and the quality assurance manager, driving the implementation of a range of improvement initiatives to the point where they can be handed over to operations Initiating optimization projects in partnership with suppliers in order to drive down component costs
- Identification, evaluation and procurement of equipment relating to direct (conversion, filling, packaging, etc) and secondary (visual inspection, take-out robotics, etc) manufacturing
- Corporate procurement experience skewed to working on supplier projects (> 8 years)
- Engineering or other technical experience (> 8 years)
- Manufacturing experience preferred (> 8 years)
- The successful candidate will have sufficient technical acumen that he/she can quickly grasp manufacturing technology and process concepts.
- They need to be skilled in relationship building and comfortable switching between strategy and operations.
- Exceptional communication skills in all formats and the ability to manage conflict situations are essential competencies.
- A relevant post graduate degree (e.g CA/Industrial Engineer) with at least 8 years commercial experience is required.
- Candidates with a broad background in procurement and/or supplier projects and/or supplier management will be considered.