My client is a leading recreational product manufacturer and they are looking for a financial controller, with good manufacturing, stock, inventory or retail experience in a similar role.
If this sounds like you, then please do apply!
My client is a product innovator and is based in Cape Town. You will be required to live in Cape Town.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Main purpose of the role:
The Financial controller will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of all financial accounting related transactions, the integrity of data captured on the ERP system and other ad hoc requirements in the financial operations department. The financial controller needs to ensure that timeous capture of all accounting related transactions.
The primary tasks, functions and deliverables of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure the smooth operation of all finance and accounting matters.
- Support the Finance Manager by maintaining accurate accounting records (A/R, A/P, banking, fixed assets, GL up to balance sheet level).
- Review entries processed to accounts on a highly detailed level.
- Monitor timely preparation of accounts payable/receivable.
- Support month-end and year-end close process, including daily/monthly bank recons.
- Overall responsibility for the accurate, timeous and complete preparation of all balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Analyze and prepare variance reports on expenses.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Develop suitable standard operating procedures (SOP) for all company accounting functions.
- Ensure adherence of IFRS in all accounting operations.
- Assist with preparing and analyzing management reports and business matrixes monthly, to provide updated information for management decisions.
- Preparation of all statutory requirements (i.e.: VAT, Provisional tax).
- Asset register - maintenance and housekeeping.
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial statements
Skills and Competencies:
The abilities that the individual needs in order to perform this role effectively:
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with general ledger funcions and the month-end/year end close process
- Professional and confident communicator capable of dealing with staff at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Work accurately, meticulous and high attention to detail
- Analytical and strong reconciliation skills
- Enjoy working in a team, but also have the ability to work independently
Education and Experience Requirements;
- Ideally completed articles (SAICA/SAIPA)
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Advanced knowledge of SAGE X3 would be an advantage, or at the minimum advanced knowledge of a similar ERP system.