My client is a leading recreational product manufacturer and they are looking for a qualified CA with minimum 5 years post articles experience, has a proven record of leadership and management, as well as experience in the stock environment. You need to be strong technically, be a decisive decision maker and a team leader (You will be the head of this department).
If this sounds like you, then please do apply!
My client is a product innovator and is based in Cape Town. You will be required to live in Cape Town.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Finance Manager will manage the company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems. They will provide and interpret financial information and monitor the major financial metrics of the company. They will provide senior managers with insights and guidance and continually analyse financial data and develop well considered outcomes based on this analysis. They will be expected to produce accurate and timeous financial reports.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide overall leadership and direction to the finance department staff and to ensure that the company accounting/financial goals and objectives are consistently achieved including the preparation of accurate monthly management accounts prepared on time, and that the month end, yearend checklist are rigorously followed.
- To ensure suitable financial metrics are closely monitored and to provide the business with clear direction when measures are not achieved, trends are unfavorable, where results are concerning, or where strong, and where learnings can be taken away and utilized elsewhere. Ongoing analysis, and feedback will consistently be required.
- To oversee and ensure that all financial records, including revenue, expenditure, assets, liabilities, equity and cash flows are accurate, up to date and processed efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner.
- To ensure a deep, and complete commercial understanding of the financials of the business. To provide in-depth and well considered analysis of various aspects of the business, and across all areas of the business, and to suitably document the required outcomes to be provided to senior managers, and colleagues with the purpose of enhancing the financial performance, and addressing any possible business risk in a timely manner.
- To monitor and ensure that trade debtors are well managed, that collections are timeously received and that the metrics applicable to trade debtor management are consistently achieved, and to take decisive action when this is not the case.
- Ensure best practice standards are maintained across the finance/accounting department always.
- Complete, and maintain accurate and reliable cash flow forecasts.
- Ensuring that all financial reports are prepared in an accurate, timely and complete manner.
- To oversee and co-ordinate the company financial year end in strict accordance with the agreed timelines, ensuring the accurate, complete and timely closing of the year end accounts for auditing purposes.
- Ensure that suitable finance policies and procedures are stringently applied to the department and are revised and updated as required.
- Ensure that finance staff conduct themselves in a professional, efficient and effective manner.
- Oversee, and manage the production, and preparation of the company’s financial budgets in strict accordance with company’s standards and timetable.
- Liaise continually with users of financial information and ensure that all their needs are met.
- Monitor and analysis of financial results including income statement, balance sheet and cash flows and key performance measures.
- Liaise closely with group external auditors and ensure the external year end audit proceeds in a formal and orderly fashion and that timelines are achieved.
- Oversee, via the respective managers the payroll department and including payroll processes and procedures, leave records and attendance records, and ensure from a finance risk perspective that all activities / functions are carried out in a responsible and professional manner and that all accounting reconciliations are accurate and up to date.
- Ensure that meticulous financial files are maintained that meet the requirements of the external auditors, and ensure accounting best practice is consistently followed.
- Work closely with the Finance and Operations director as part of a mutually supportive senior management team.
- Complete the Income Tax Returns and supporting documents, ensure that VAT returns are accurately and timeously completed and ensure all finance related statutory requirements are met.
- Keep abreast of financial developments across all sectors and in accordance with IFRS.
- Maintain a watching brief over business, and financial risk across the business and take appropriate action should this occur.
- Prepare a monthly finance and accounting operational report for submission to the head of department meeting.
This position has a high access to confidential information.
Skills and Competencies:
The abilities that the individual needs to perform this role effectively:
- Necessary skills include; organization, good oral and written communication, strong interpersonal and excellent analytical skills, strong problem-solving skills.
- A proficiency with standard industry productivity tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- An enquiring, probing and critical mind.
- Curious and a drive to discover and consider.
- Excellent working knowledge of large ERP systems, ideally SAGE X3.
- Good decision maker, with excellent judgement.
- Ability to operate in a team environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A CA(SA) qualification is required.
- To have completed articles and have at least five years’ experience in an appropriate financial and accounting environment.
- Flexible and able to work hours beyond a normal 9 to 5 environment when required, and times may include night work, weekends and public holidays on specific occasions e.g. year end, and budget completion periods.