Our client is a leading mobile payment service provider and has a large footprint in the African market. Their finance team is looking to fill the position of an Accountant for their South African based entity.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, think "out the box" and want to be a part of a proudly African and growing business, as well as work with people from all over the world, then this opportunity is for you!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibility of financial function of South African based entity within international group
- Accounting of all revenue, expenses and all other financial transactions entered and administered by company
- Reporting on all financial transactions to relevant parties
- Submission and payment of VAT and PAYE timeously.
- Monthly recons of all Balance Sheet items including Bank Recons, Creditors Recons, Payroll Recons, etc
- Intercompany confirmations obtained as and when needed
- Timely preparation, submission, reporting and control of client invoices
- Manage operational bank account, executing weekly payments
- Ensuring compliance with accounting practice applicable to insurers, good governance and risk management practice, as well as laws and regulations
- Continuous improvement of accounting and reporting processes in line with overall business/group objectives and needs
- Assistance with ad-hoc projects as and when needed
- BCom degree with minimum 2 years experience
- Experience with Xero software an advantage
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment with limited supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills
- Achievement orientated and results driven
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Office