A subsidiary of a Swiss pharmaceutical company which provides products and services to public and private hospitals, pharmacies, general and specialist practitioners, as well as government law enforcement programs, is looking to appoint a Financial Manager for their Finance team.
Must love technical accounting and have a good understanding and interest in tax. Preference will be given to EE candidates.
Responsibilities include but not limited to: - Assist in the preparation of monthly reporting packages - Analysis and assisting with monthly and quarterly reports - Assist with the calculation of taxation/deferred taxation when needed - Assist with the preparation of annual financial statements and supporting notes - Participate in month/quarter and year end closing - Assist with the annual and quarterly budgeting process and analysis - Interaction divisional finance heads and business unit managers on variances - Prepare quarterly tax calculations and assist with tax planning - Assist in monthly, quarterly and annual variance analysis - Maintenance and support related to the budgeting and reporting software - Ad hoc projects as required
- A Financial degree along with having successfully achieving registration with Chartered Accountant CA(SA) (essential)
- 2-3 years of experience preparing financial statements
- 1-3 years post articles experience
- First Time Passes for board exams will be advantageous
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Experience working with Financial accounting packages
- Computer literacy and high proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word
- Preference will be given to EE candidates
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Priority setting: The ideal candidate will have the ability to adequately handle multiple priorities. He/She will be able to identify tasks which are most important, develop an action plan and ensure that resources are in place to achieve key objectives.
- Problem solving/analysis: The ideal candidate must be able to analyze complex data, seek relevant opinions, identify key problems and propose relevant and reliable solutions based on the results of their analysis.
- Initiative and follow through: The ideal candidate must be able to act upon key priorities, overcoming obstacles and taking appropriate risks in order to manage projects and achieve objectives. He/She must be able to demonstrate a history of setting ambitious, specific goals and of achieving or surpassing their objectives.
- Highly adapted interpersonal skills: The candidate must possess well adapted interpersonal skills which will allow them to function in a high paced team environment