Financial and Commercial Manager: The company's African operations is responsible for developing, defining and driving all relevant processes, procedures, systems and structures governing the financial strategy of the company's African operations, in alignment with the company's Corporate strategic vision as set by Senior Management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Delivering Sound Financial Insights
- Evaluate, develop and implement commercial and business practices that supports the strategy of the Group and African operations in conjunction with MD: African operation and Corporate CFO.
- Managing the planning, forecasting and budgeting processes and provide the required insight and analysis to support effective decision-making
Directs Financial Vision
- Design, adopt and install processes, systems and structures that would drive and sustain the alignment of financial and strategic goals.
- Sets and directs action plans in ensuring that the African operation’s strategic financial objectives are achieved in alignment with the Corporate’s strategic objectives.
- Conduct special projects and key initiatives in finance and relevant operations that supports the African operations strategic goals and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial and operation processes and controls.
Financial Control and Governance
- Manage financial processes and controls to ensure accurate financial recordkeeping.
- Liaise with the company's Financial manager to ensure timely, accurate and relevant financial reporting
- Contract assurance relating to all African operations relating legal, as well as internal and external stakeholder matters.
- Managing financial and commercial matters in line with guidelines, polices and frameworks of the company Group and Corporate.
- Advises on the overall African strategy in collaboration with the MD: Africa and relevant executive team and stakeholders.
Communication with Stakeholders
- Facilitate alignment of strategic intent between the various African departments by representing the company’s progress on strategic financial goals.
- Designing, implementing and enforcing processes and practices that ensures that risks pertaining to losses are mitigated from a business and strategic perspective.
- B-degree, preferably in financial, marketing or industrial engineering areas
- Minimum 5 years post article experience; experience in the ICT industry is advantageous but not a must
- Strong financial, commercial and strategic projects experience.